Saturday, March 14, 2009

Recurring Dreams and candid thoughts

I am confident in knowing that this one has finally been put to rest. Not that I experienced any discomfort in these dreams but the repetitiveness in its self can become annoying. It really fascinates me however; dreams are a spawn of the subconscious mind, right? I imagine recurring dreams are no different except that they may harbor unresolved emotions or situations.

Sometimes when experiencing this dream I would begin it with a sigh then go along with it, but each time I was presented choices. I handled it like a puzzle, changing my choices whenever they did not seem to fit, and now after much trial and error I can see the big picture. Now seeing how it relates to reality is a taste of clarity.

Maybe recurring dreams are but a small part of the grand design in human beings.
Many people who suffer post-traumatic stress admit to having them. I don't think this is anything to be feared but rather a healthy way of treatment and something to hold on to for hope.

Whenever my computer has an error in programming (unresolved issues), I will boot it in safe-mode (subconscious) first before troubleshooting because I know in doing so in normal mode (conscious) can possibly cause only further damage.(stress/depression)

Recurring dreams could be a natural defense mechanism for your body, use it. ~

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Great post Matty! I really love how you compared it with a computer and I agree 100%. This is really good stuff.

    I rarely find myself having recurring dreams yet as you say it usually links to reality and dreams usually do have a message for us.

    Sometimes(if not always) solving a problem in a safe-mode is much more beneficial for the system than doing it in the conscious mode, plus in a conscious mode it requires more resources(therefor it's not as efficient).

    This is why classic therapy takes so long and the results are unsure, while through hypnosis and other techniques which involve your unconscious the results are almost instant and long lasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment :D
    I didn't think about it but you are right, hypnosis is the same exact thing. I've always been wary of it but you got me rechecking my attitude towards it. Maybe I'm just weird about letting someone in my kooky little world lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe yeah I know what you mean. Trust is a very important issue when it comes to hypnosis. I am a bit weary about most people at that...
    :)

    I heard about self-hypnosis too, dunno how that works though... or if it can work lol

    ReplyDelete